Friday, August 14, 2009

WASHINGTON









Me, Z & my friend, Maggie went to visit our friend, Ellen, in Washington for the 4th of July weekend. I had a wonderful, relaxing and completely laid back trip. We loved it. Ellen and her husband, Fred, moved there about 3 years ago and this was our first trip to see them. They have 5 acres of property that they landscaped & it was like being in a beautiful park or something. They even have a stream running through their property. Their neighbors have cows that would walk up to the backyard fence. They were so cute. I love cows with their big brown eyes and long lashes. Too cute to eat, that’s for sure. Her house was also amazing. She has 2 guestrooms with their own bathroom. So me and Z stayed in one and Maggie stayed in the other room. It was like staying at a B&B. Ellen also cooks the most amazing food. I gained at least 5 lbs. there. Who am I kidding? I could gain 5 lbs just looking at food - so let’s make it 8 lbs. We went o Pikes Market in Seattle one day. What an awesome place - I loved looking at all the fresh produce. Yum! And the fish markets - amazing. We also went to the Northwest Trek Wildlife Park in Eatonville, WA. That was a lot of fun for Z seeing all those animals. She said the bison were her favorite.

As a side note, as I was only a couple hours away from Forks - I did try looking for vampires, but darn it I wasn’t able to find any.

No comments: