Friday, August 14, 2009

OKAY I LIED - I DON’T HATE WEDDINGS




Okay, so I’ve said it a few times, “I hate weddings.” But I think I will have to take it back, in fact, I think I actually love weddings. However, I still am all about Vegas & reciting vows in front of Elvis! My friend April’s wedding was on July 12th and it was beautiful. My friend, April is an amazing person. Me and her were these crazy party girls who were regulars at bars & clubs. (Before my Z of course.) Now she has totally turned her life around. She goes to church three times a week. Seriously, three times a week. Yes, churches are not just open on Sundays, people.

April has become an awesome Christian that is truly inspiring. She stopped drinking also. So, it was a dry wedding - which I thought “torture” but it wasn’t bad. I was one of her bridesmaids in the wedding and she was a wonderful gracious bride. No bridezilla here. She also did the most amazing thing - she sang this beautiful song (On this Day! By Ashley Reynolds) to her husband in the middle of the ceremony. Unconventional and a surprise to him but she sounded amazing. I totally lost my bet with her - she said I would cry & I said no way. Dang it - at least it was only a 50 cent bet.

No comments: