Wednesday, May 26, 2010

JANE EYRE - ANOTHER BOOK I LOVE

Have you seen the movie Definitely, Maybe? I recently saw this movie & it was great - a nice romantic comedy with Ryan Reynolds (yum) and Isla Fisher (luv her). Isla Fisher’s character talks about the book, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. So, it peeked my interest and when I saw it at Borders - the cutest little book with a fabric cover and an attached ribbon book mark I had to buy it. Let me just say, this is not the typical book I read. The last time I read a classic was in school when I had to. I usually stick to books written after 1990. The book starts out kind of slow and sometimes I don’t quite understand the phrases used, but now I am about halfway through and I adore it. Last night I was reading in bed and couldn’t put it down - I just had to find out what would happen next with Jane and Mr. Rochester. Oh - I just love it. It gave me the same feeling as when I watched the movie Pride and Prejudice and kept thinking - “You love her - just tell her already.” The build-up you know I hate it & I love it. Well, if you haven’t read this book - you should - I think you will love it too!

2 comments:

ray said...

oooo. i'll have to get to that one soon... sounds good.

jennifer said...

that does sound good. maybe i should try reading the classics. i can't believe it was so good you couldn't put it down!