Friday, March 27, 2009

DIETS

So, I started the Master Cleanse. It's sounds terrible, doesn't it? Ugh. Okay lets call it the Lemonade Diet - that sounds much more pleasant, dontcha think? It's where you drink 6 to 10 glasses of the lemonade (water, lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper). That's it - no food. You can have green and peppermint tea though - as well as water but that's it. So, today is Friday and day 5 of this diet & I might be completely bonkers but I kind of love not eating food. Don't get me wrong my bro was eating a burger in front of me the other day and I was practically salivating & I don't even eat beef. The lemonade is filling and I don't feel hungry but I do miss food.

Since I started the diet, or "cleanse" I have also noticed how bad my eating habits are, like when I get home from work the first thing I do is go in the kitchen, open the fridge and look for a snack. I am always constantly on a diet and weigh myself everyday and have incredible guilt whenever I indulge. It feels nice not thinking about any of that, oh yeah losing 2 lbs a day is also nice. :) So, I am actually kind of afraid of stopping the diet for fear of gaining all the weight back. I know this Lemonade Diet is to be used as a cleanse and not a source to lose weight but now that I've lost the weight - I just can't gain it back again. My sister thinks I'm "obsessed." Big surprise, right? I am always obsessed about something.

Tomorrow will be a real test Twilight Party at Rebecca's. Lot's of yummy food, desserts and wine. I want to stick to my lemonade but I also want to enjoy some food too. I guess I'll see what happens when it happens.

MARCH 29 UPDATE: I totally pigged out at Rebecca's. I am now back to eating food again.
APRIL 20 UPDATE: I lost a total of 9 lbs and gained 4 lbs back.

No comments: