Tuesday, March 10, 2009

GOING FOR A RUN

Well, here I am sitting at the computer. Sitting - because I can no longer walk. Well, to be honest I’m not sure which is more painful walking or sitting. You see, my so-called friend, Rebecca a.k.a. the boot camp instructor and I went jogging yesterday. I thought it was going to be a nice short jog with our Puggles - Chewy (hers) and Roxy (mine). It’s just her “usual” route which she does about 4 times a week. Little did I know she was some kind of maniac runner and thought I could keep up for 5 miles. HELLLLOOOOO. She has apparently gotten me confused with someone who works out. I mean don’t get me wrong I do get some exercise, like almost every day I have to get up from my desk and walk over to the printer. And let me tell you that can totally be a workout. So halfway into the run I start getting a headache and then I start feeling nauseous and I thought I might possibly be having a heart attack - because my chest hurt as well. I obviously couldn’t keep up and she had to leave me in the dust. She caught up with me on her way back of course (still running - what a maniac!). She had lots of encouraging words for me like how proud she is that I made it as far as I did and I look like a runner – good form or something. What a load of crap. Me and Roxy had to take a 2 hour nap afterwards to try and recover. So as I sit here my legs, hips, back and pretty much every other body part is in a lot of pain. Runners. What the hell is the matter with them? Don’t worry about sending me cards & flowers I will recover soon. And if you see Rebecca with her running shoes on - you better run. . . in the other direction. :)

1 comment:

sherry said...

that sounds like so much fun. i can't believe i left early and missed it. :)