Friday, March 20, 2009

ADDICTIONS

Okay I think I have become an addict. I am not sure what to do. Perhaps I should look into some kind of rehab or support group. Oh sorry - you are wondering what could I possibly be addicted to. Okay alcohol was an obvious one, but my current addiction is even worse. Okay, yeah that is true I am a shopaholic. However, I am dealing with the hardest addiction I have ever felt in my life. I am addicted to . . . Twilight. Yeah, the book. I don’t know how it happened. One day a friend was telling me about it, then another friend and then my sister. I didn’t get it. Why is everyone so obsessed with Twilight. "Yeah, yeah," I thought, "I will read it when I get a chance." My sister even confessed to me that she wouldn’t drink any wine on the nights that she was going to read the book, for fear of being too sleepy to read. Giving up wine for a book - she is crazy I thought. Then I started reading it and I couldn’t put it down. I started reading it Monday night and finished last night. I have been staying up until 1 in the morning and then getting up at 6 in the morning for work, tired throughout the day but still managing to stay up late again so that I can read more. Sneaking off to bed around 9 proclaiming, "oh, I am so tired," just so I could get in bed and snuggle up with my book.

The characters and their emotions have been running through my mind since I started reading it. I don’t know what is so fascinating about it. Oh, yeah I do. It’s the way the author describes all the emotions and sensations you feel with your first love. Your first love, do you remember how you felt? I honestly had forgotten. How sad, huh? I had forgotten about the butterflies and the tingling you feel just holding his hand. They way you can’t get him out of your head - can’t concentrate. The way you wonder what he’s thinking, doing, seeing, feeling. I had forgotten all about those emotions until I read this book. Am I a complete dork or what? I know it’s a teen book aimed at kids in high school, but I couldn’t help falling for this book. I already started reading the second book, New Moon. I am so obsessed. However, apparently I am not the only one. Everyone I have talked to that has read this book feels the same way. Crazy, huh? Well, I can’t wait to keep on reading all the books in the series to find out what will happen next with Edward and Bella. The worst part about the book - now I want to fall in love with a vampire and where the heck am I going to find one of those?

2 comments:

sherry said...

you are exactly right. it is remembering your first love that makes the book so good. oh edward. how we love thee. sigh.

Stephanie said...

I would daydream about the characters all day too. I want to read them all again, but I'm too scared I'll get obsessed again. How sad is that?